19.8.17

in which i freak out about my personality type because it suddenly and spontaneously changed


(EVERY TIME I SEE THAT FEATURED IMAGE I FLAIL OVER IT BECAUSE MY PRETTY FONT. <3 I'm addicted to downloading fonts. Don't question me.)

Anyway, that's a super duper long title, Anika.

yes, yes I do love this gif so very much

BUT I'M ALSO FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW AND RUNNING IN CIRCLES LIKE A CHICKEN BECAUSE...

I am not longer an ENFP.

I am an INFP.

no, I am totally not obsessed with this gif either. that's crazy.

Yes, I have joined the League of Introverts. I am now sworn into this band of people who hate social interaction and want to sit inside all day and read a book.

Well, not really, but I have become very introverted in the past three months. And then I took the test just because I like to every now and then...

and I fainted.

Well, not really, but I was shocked. And I mean REALLY shocked.

Because who doesn't like change?

Pfft, totally not me. Why would you even think that? I LOVE change. Couldn't get 'nough of it. #not

But, then, something happened; I began to hate things I loved and love things I hated. I know, I know. It's SO. WEIRD. LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME.


things i used to love but i now hate doing:
  • There's this thing called social interaction that I have to do sometimes now and nah ah. No thanks. Nada. ME NO LIKEY. XD
  • And then there's this other thing called talking to strangers. *laughs* It's torture now.
  • And THEN there's this thing called SOMEDAY YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GET A JOB AND HAVE TO TALK TO STRANGERS EVEN MORE OFTEN *cries*

things i used to hate but i now love doing:
  • I love when I have time to lay on my bed and close my eyes and fangirl internally about Keefe think about life and spend some time to myself.
  • And I also love being by myself in quiet places. Especially outdoors. It makes me impossibly happy.
  • And I love sleeping now. I used to, like, HATE when I had to go to bed but now I look forward it...?
I know, I know, it doesn't.

I feel so very different just because that E changed to an I. I know that what an online survey says doesn't define you, but doesn't it feel strange to be known as something for so long and all of a sudden change into something else?

But, don't worry. I'm still me. I'll never ever stop being me no matter what personality type I am.


So, what did you think of my crazily messed up ramblings about the wonders of introvertism (YES, AUTOCORRECT, THAT IS, IN FACT, A WORD)?

Are you an introvert, or an extrovert? What personality type are YOU?

Have you ever had your personality type change before (WITHOUT your permission)?


Until we meet again,

2 comments :

  1. Haha, I was actually an ISFJ when I first took the test when I was... nine? IDK, i don't remember the date. I've been an INTP for years now. WELCOME TO THE INTROVERT LEAGUE WHERE WE FANGIRL ABOUT KEEFE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anika, Hopefully I can help you with your confusion. Your personality type cannot and does not ever change. INFPs and ENFPs are extrememely similar, the former being known as one of the most extroverted introverts and the latter known as the most introverted extrovert. Your struggle is understandable and you're certainly not the only one who has dealt with this. I myself thought I was an ESFP, ENFJ, or (my true type) ENFP at different times and it was very confusing.

    The answer to finding your true personality type can be found in researching the cognitive functions, which is what the letters are based off of. Here is a link to a helpful article on them: https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/06/if-youre-confused-about-your-myers-briggs-personality-type-read-this-an-intro-to-cognitive-functions/

    Remember that your personality type simply defines how your brain functions and makes decisions differently from the 15 other types. It in no way dictates your favorite interests, beliefs, or anything else about you. :) God made you special, and he loves you very much!

    If you'd be interested in learning more about Myers-Briggs, just PM me on YDubs and I can get you hooked up with the Myers-Briggs small group!

    Sincerely,

    Essie:)

    ReplyDelete

A comment makes my day! But, please remember that this is a God-honoring blog. Please be nice and do not use foul language of any kind. Thanks!!

Back to Top