23.9.17

we can do BIG things


I've always wondered if I'll ever be able to do something BIG.

Something life changing - for me or for other people.

For a while I thought that I couldn't, that maybe I'd just do some small things in my life because I'd never be able to do something BIG. That's for the pros.

Actually, no, it's not.

Ever heard of the TV show "America's Got Talent"? My siblings and I are obsessed with the show, but that's beyond the point.

Last year, a 12-year-old girl named Grace Vanderwaal won AGT (American's Got Talent). She is gifted with a beautiful voice, and now, after winning, is pretty famous. Auditioning for AGT was something BIG that she did, and it helped her dreams to come true.

Only about four days ago, a 12-year-old named Darci Lynne won AGT for her amazing talent in ventriloquism. She is self-taught and has only been doing it for two years, but she's better than anyone I've ever seen! Auditioning for AGT was something BIG she did, and it helped her dreams come true, too!

Those are both examples of people who took what they were good at and did something BIG with their talents to help their dreams come true. And they're both only 12 years old! How cool is that?

Now, I'm not saying that everyone has to go out and win some contest for singing or being the best magician. No, not at all. I'm just saying that we need to stop saying "I can't".

Because we can do BIG things. If only we try.

Stay beautiful,


3 comments :

  1. I've had a lot of thoughts about like how I can't do anything with my life and I never will and it always gets me down so this an aweosme post! Also Grace Vanderwall is so cool! Like I actually love her music. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nabila! Never ever stop believing that you can do anything. <3
      And, yes, she is!! I love her music, too. :D

      Delete
  2. So true! People are really limited by their thoughts and words. But we're capable of a lot more than we think!

    Awesome post, Anika!

    --Madi

    ReplyDelete

A comment makes my day! But, please remember that this is a God-honoring blog. Please be nice and do not use foul language of any kind. Thanks!!

Back to Top